Our website address is: https://geckonet.org.
2. Cookies are computer data, especially text files, that are stored on the user’s device and are intended for use with the website. Cookies usually contain the website name they come from, the duration of their storage on the user’s device, and a unique number.
3. The entity that places cookies on the user’s device and has access to them is the operator of the website.
4. Cookies are used for the following purposes:
a. creating statistics that help understand how users of the website use its web pages, enabling the improvement of their structure and content;
b. maintaining user sessions on the website (after logging in), so the user does not need to re-enter their login and password on each subpage of the website;
c. defining user profiles to display personalized materials in advertising networks, especially the Google network.
5. Two main types of cookies are used within the website: “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. “Session” cookies are temporary files that are stored on the user’s device until logging out, leaving the website, or closing the web browser. “Persistent” cookies are stored on the user’s device for the time specified in the cookie parameters or until they are deleted by the user.
6. Web browsers usually allow the storage of cookies on the user’s device by default. Users of the website can change these settings. Web browsers enable the deletion of cookies and automatic blocking of cookies. Detailed information on this topic can be found in the web browser’s help or documentation.
8. Cookies placed on the user’s device by the website operator may also be used by advertising partners working with the operator.
10. Cookies can be used by advertising networks, particularly the Google network, to display ads tailored to the way the user uses the website. For this purpose, they may store information about the user’s navigation path or the time spent on a particular page.
11. Regarding user preferences information collected by the Google advertising network, the user can view and edit the information resulting from cookies using the tool: https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/